Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Several shoe selling questions....?

First of all, a little about myself. I am currently in my 2nd month as a shoe salesman. I%26#039;m good, but I could be WAY BETTER. I am not consistent in a lot of things...customer service, accessories sales, etc.





But it hasn%26#039;t cost me my job yet.


:)





What%26#039;s the difference between a good shoe salesman and a bad one?





How come there are so many people who decline on belts, socks, polish, shoetrees, handy polish sponges and so on and instead buy just one shoe? I know part of this answer, but the economy doesn%26#039;t have to do with everything.





If YOU were a salesperson, how would you convince a male and female customer to buy a belt or a purse or something else that doesn%26#039;t really cost them that much? I am starting to bring a matching purse to the ladies. Doesn%26#039;t work that much. And with the guys, I slip a shoe tree into the shoe and talk. They say: %26quot;I already have this.%26quot;





What things should clerks AUTOMATICALLY do when they%26#039;re helping a customer? Feeling where their toe is?

Several shoe selling questions....?
I can only speak for the ladies. First, no matter what size she asks for, always bring at least 1/2 size bigger out too, and tell her something like %26#039;this style has been running small%26#039; so she won%26#039;t feel like she has big feet if she has to try the bigger size. A lot of women don%26#039;t want to ask for the bigger size, they will leave rather than ask for a bigger shoe. But if it is already there, you might get a sale. Also, I%26#039;ve had a sales associate bring me an additional shoe that I didn%26#039;t ask to see, telling me that these just came in and they are already selling out, I thought you might like them. I%26#039;ve also had shoes brought that were similar to the ones I asked to try on, in case those did not work for me. So, anticipate the customers needs before she asks. And be quick about meeting the needs when she does ask for help. Nothing worse than waiting endlessly to be assisted, and then waiting again for the shoe size to be brought out. Once she is in the buying mood, you can point out the sale items - most women are sucked in by a great deal.





As far as the matching purse, women aren%26#039;t into the matchy-matchy thing right now. And some people don%26#039;t want to buy extras, they just want to buy what they came looking for and nothing you do will make them want anything else. Just don%26#039;t be pushy, give her your card, and if she like your service hopefully she will look for you next time she wants to buy shoes.



skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment